Sorry I have been gone

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Sorry I have been gone

Post by aaronv2 »

hey guys i just got this new job that is kicking my a**. all this 3d previz stuff is making my computer cry.

Anyway what i wanna talk about is something i wanna do for fun. All these gun tests and gun bullet tests and guns guns guns.

what i want from you guys is ideas... ANY ideas of other weapons. Think Sci Fi movies but dont make them totally mechanical. you can use nature or physics or anything you can imagine.

If you have seen Aeon Flux which is a horrible movie but awesome visuals they had nature mixed with technolody to make weapons out of trees ets.

Anything you can think of. If it isnt possible I will make it possible. Im gonna come up with some of my own but you guys im sure would be thinking on tangents i havent visited.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Sorry I have been gone

Post by DarkElastic »

I have had this idea for a while - since my idea of a Star Trek novel that I don't have time to write - it is contact lenses that are synced in with your gun via a chip that is inserted just under the skin of your scalp. The contacts - when your weapon is drawn - give you a target so your shots are more accurate. Also allows you to zoom in, as it runs off your thoughts.

Not exactly weapon, but is used to enhance weapons.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Heh, Half-Life and HL Opposing Force had some fun ideas for those. Snarks--flesh eating bugs which you just throw and they chase after stuff, or you if you're the closest thing. A barnacle with a long tongue that you shoot out and then pull in towards you (or you towards it) and when it comes in contact with something, the barnacle will chow down on it. There was also some sort of alien fish type thing which you used like a gun; you'd feed it these green orbs and it'd sort of swallow them and then you could fire them back out.
Bocca

Post by Bocca »

Im thinking some sort of device which ends an electro-magnetic(?) charge into a person, which screws with the electrical impulses of the nervous system, shattering the motor neurones and blocking synapses.

The victim could crumple and become extremely incontinent while puking and having the whole eyes roll back n the head thing.

Meh, im not sure - you could toy around with it, and like show what happens to the nerves inside the body with the 3D animation
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

A woman who wears one shoe with many spikes on it - like a mace. And she badly hurts men by kicking them in the balls! And in the legs. It would be a great rape deterrent. I'd like to see you make that aaronv2.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

I always liked the idea of two metal pipes that sit on your wrists..you scratch then both together which generates a ball of energy. The metal plates would run off of a battery source in the form of crystals
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Microwave cannons would be cool too. The army developed one I believe for crowd control--it could heat up a person to a very uncomfortable temperature. I saw it on this Army SUV in Popular Science a couple years back. Seems like if you bumped the power up a couple notches, you could cook them.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

How's about some kind of supercharged compressor that shoots high pressure pulses of air into people strong enough to get into their bloodstream through the skin? That'd be pretty easy to create the effect for on screen and opens up plenty of opportunity for painful looking deaths without having to bother with squibs or digital effects.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I had a very simple idea for a weapon.
Its basically a sword with two handles on each end, one removable and attachable to the other handle.
So say if you were going up behind someone, you hold both handles and pretty much try and strangle them with the blade, so there head can decapotate. And the handle adding to the other is prob for the fact that each handle basically can only fit one hand.
Because you want to be able to use a sword like normal too.

I had another idea when i was using my nunchucks the other day.
It could be made real. There like normal nunchucks with steel grips, but each holds a single heavy duty bullet inside it as if it were a barrel, then u just spin the metal chain around once to make it pretty much unscrew, then u pull the chain and both bullets fire, just like how the old cannons worked.

I think thats all i can remember at the moment. And yes i have seen Aeonflux, good visuals as you said, but i cant remember the storyline because clearly it wasnt awesome. It was still a good movie though, kinda.
Hide or fight for your life?
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

this isnt a weapon thread... its more about the ideas of how the weapon works and the visuals and what would look really freakin cool on camera. I personally had an idea of grenades and little proximity sort of devices that future spies or vigelanties would use.

Like a pure metallic ball that you roll into a room and it shoots sharp cylinders in all directions that get embedded in the room all over the place then the cylinders shoot out more smaller glass balls like a shotgun shell that are filled with whatever you like... You could have acid grenades or or a gas then the large ball on the floor explodes and all the gas around it goes up with it.

you know something dynamic and fun

hey darkelastic i finished that shoe idea tho... let me know when you wanna come around and let me test it on you. I don't know why your coming up with rape deterrants tho. But it could be personal so I won't touch on it too much.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

gas then the large ball on the floor explodes and all the gas around it goes up with it.
Ohhh, what was that from?! I remember a movie where they had little fuel air bombs, like a little white disk. Dammit, now I won't be able to stop thinking about till I remember what that was from!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

Underworld 2?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Ha, Ha! Oh yeah... man that movie sucked hard.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

Si senior, that movie sucked super hard.

I'm sorry, I just had to jump in and express my extreme distaste for Underworld 2.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

UFProductions wrote:Ha, Ha! Oh yeah... man that movie sucked hard.
Unless you mean by "sucked hard" that you found extreme pleasure out of it, i would have to disagree, that movie was good. Although it didnt have the same feel as underworld 1.
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

i didnt see neither I saw the begining of 1 like 10 or 20 minutes and changed the channel
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

If you want to debate why underwold really sucked, by all means, start a thread in the Social Boards. But suffice to say, it is absolutely the only movie I have ever seen that I almost walked out of. Usually I have the gut instinct to stick it out, but there was no reason for me to stay. Except the vampire sex, I loled there a lot. For now, I'll head back on topic.

I want to see a good Covenant arsenal. Say what you will about Halo, but the Covie weapons are cool as hell, especially the plasma sword. If you could do that convincingly, I would call you my god.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

aaronv2 wrote:I don't know why your coming up with rape deterrants tho. But it could be personal so I won't touch on it too much.
Its to deter you, as I heard you like to jump men!!!
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

hey it was the 60's... i was in college... everyone was doing it.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Hahahahahahahahaha
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

weapons like nail bombs are pretty cool, ie eraser. At one point, a nail bomb is shot into the room and Tough guy Arnie gets a nail right in the hand. Do that but with....aliens?
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Do something wit light. Like a gun that has a very hgh intensity light beam that turns on when you pull the trigger and it has a magnifying glass type thing at the end, so you pretty much burn whoever your shooting at.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

A laser?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Aliens dammit. Have a bomb, that shoots out these little aliens. They bury themselves in you body and eat you from the inside out. :)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

aaronv2 wrote:this isnt a weapon thread.
Uh................... wait, this isnt a weapon thread? but i clearly read "what i want from you guys is ideas... ANY ideas of other weapons" and some of those things could be made to look quite well, rather than having ideas that have clearly been done before.
Such as the aliens going in ur skin and eating u, no offence, but that was clearly in the mummy. The plasma swords or wateva, were clearly and imitation starwars. No offence, but try something new, and dont alter a weapons material and say its new, thats not going to matter much.
Yes the blade clearly isnt brand spanking new, but at leasted i changed how its used. The nunchucks were altered so they could fire ammunition, so thats fairly new too.