New To Forum/ Ideas/ Introduction

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

JMBOWZER5

New To Forum/ Ideas/ Introduction

Post by JMBOWZER5 »

Hi guys. I am new to the forum, but I have been reading what you have been writing for a while. I got into this stuff for the special effects, but only recently started to make films. I've made 3 short school films and 1 test film full of effects. I use Adobe After Effects and a Ulead linear video editor. I pretty much know everything about after effects so if you need any help ask me :lol: I hope to get a web site up soon and start making real movies. Anyway, I'm currently debating what type of short movie I should make. I don't want to do anything too original so I am going to go off of other peoples ideas.

Choices:
Max Payne
Final Destination
Half-Life

Just thought I'd ask what u guys think.
Also, if i were to make a half life movie, is there a way to get models from the game into 3ds max. I am no good at modeling, but ok at animating. Just thought i'd see where this thread goes. I hope to help everybody here now that I'm online.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: New To Forum/ Ideas/ Introduction

Post by Epsilon »

Half Life would be interesting. (It's easy to rip any models from any game if you have the software) 3D animation really is fun to toy with. Though modeling is a real good skill to master. Once you start making photorealistic light maps and textures, then the money will just fall into your hands! As for having a flick based off a game, are you planning to base the story off a game's plot or event? Or create an entirely new story where you discover something new of it?

Really, you should strive to create an authentic, new, original, and Different storyline. Plainly copying others' works is boring, easy, and nobody really wants to see the same thing over again. People want to be amazed or actually use their brains while watchng a motion picture. That's the thrill. Plus if you are copying someone's idea everyone's seen, what fun is it to make? Originality is what makes movies great.

Well, welcome to the forum. It is quite nice to see a new member coming so eager to help! :D Though if you've been around for a while, you probably already know us, haha.