Beginner here, please help me...

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jkadg

Beginner here, please help me...

Post by jkadg »

INTRO

How sad. I'm at a friend's house using his PC. Pretending that it's my own. Because for more than 6 months, .........

I miss the old times. Always in front of my computer. You see, my computer had been broken for more than

6 months. So right now, I'm at a friend's house using his computer, pretending that it's my own. He also

has a fast internet access, as for me, I only use Dial-up so I'm happy when I'm at his house. :)

Almost everyday beginning last week, I'm at his house.

So right now, I have no idea about those new things happening in the net specially softwares, video

editing, etc... Can you please update me?

VIDEO EDITING

I need some tips in Video Editing including Capturing Videos. Before, I am using Ulead Media Studio 7. I

then upgraded to Ulead Media Studio 8. And I am so confused. Please help me.

By the way in Media Studio 8, how can I edit multiple camera angles? And does it support smooth slow

motion?

I researched in the net, and checked out the forum of a TV Station and I asked them what editor they use.

They told me they use AVID. AVID Adrenaline. Another friend of mine uses Canopus Edius, which he always

recommends it to me.

Which of the 2 Editors are the best to use? AVID or Edius?

AVID, I think I liked Avid Liquid Pro, Avid Xpress Pro, and Avid Media Composer. What do you think is the

best to use and why some of their products have integraded hardware in it?

How about Edius? What do you think about it? Do you think it's more advanced, easy to use, and more

powerful than AVID?

Also, I am going to edit school projects, home videos, short films, and probably almost anything and

everything.

COMPOSITING

Adobe After Effects, they always tell me that it's a wonderful application. But what version to use? And

is it easy to use with the current and future Video Editor(s) that I or I will use?

I know all Adobe products are hard to use. Is there a way to learn it faster and easier?

I am going to use the compositing softwares in Blue Screening, Smooth Slow Motion and Visual Effects.

Another plan, to make the project unique, I'm planning to use 3D. 3D Objects or CG Objects. What program

to use? What program to use in Motion Tracking the CG Objects? I would like my short film to look so

modern and expensive even though it's not that expensive.

CAPTURING

In Capturing, what kind of Codec to use? What kind of Video Capture Software to use? What kind of Capture

Card?

STORY TELLING AND VIDEO CAMERA SHOOTING

Finally, can you please give me Video Camera shooting/recording tips/tutorials? Capturing the moments

like Birthdays, Weddings, Outings, Short Films (to make it look professional), etc... Camera Angles,

proper Video Camera to use, Making documentary, narrating, making MTVs and making a good concept/story of

the movie(or plot)/video/outing/wedding/birthday/live video specially in Editing.

HARDWARE AND SOME COMPOSITING ISSUES

What kind of proper computer hardware to use? Memory, Speed, Hard Drive, etc... I'm currently using

Windows XP Pro SP2.

I've tried Combustion. Difficult to use but it's OK.

I would like to try any Boris Products. What to use and is it worth it?

I know everything is not easy to use. Can you please give me easy to understand tutorials? (In summary

i'm just a beginner so I need easy to learn Tutorials in All Applications (Video Editor(s) that you'll

recommend, Compositing Softwares that you'll recommend and Capturing Videos).)

Thanks in Advance.
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Beginner here, please help me...

Post by Zacatac927 »

ok first... are you starting out?

THEN USE WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER!!!!!

if you know what you are doing...

then sorry for shouting...

Just edit and film, you don't need a compositing and 3d effects thing... i lived without them for my first 10 films, then when i got the things i didn't use them as often as ithought......

get vegas... or preimere pro ON A STUDENT DISCOUNT!

student discounts are then best new thing since ... since the internet. They can save you so much, ive already saved over $1000 on a student discount. its great

Shooting..

shoot in the format on the camera and export from the video editor as .avi(unless you are using WMM then it will export as .wmv)
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

at first i thought this was a script for a movie you were making....
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

How do you get a student discount?
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Beginner here, please help me...

Post by wildstorm »

jkadg wrote:INTRO

How sad. I'm at a friend's house using his PC. Pretending that it's my own. Because for more than 6 months, .........

I miss the old times. Always in front of my computer. You see, my computer had been broken for more than

6 months. So right now, I'm at a friend's house using his computer, pretending that it's my own. He also

has a fast internet access, as for me, I only use Dial-up so I'm happy when I'm at his house. :)

Almost everyday beginning last week, I'm at his house.

So right now, I have no idea about those new things happening in the net specially softwares, video

editing, etc... Can you please update me?

VIDEO EDITING

I need some tips in Video Editing including Capturing Videos. Before, I am using Ulead Media Studio 7. I

then upgraded to Ulead Media Studio 8. And I am so confused. Please help me.

By the way in Media Studio 8, how can I edit multiple camera angles? And does it support smooth slow

motion?

I researched in the net, and checked out the forum of a TV Station and I asked them what editor they use.

They told me they use AVID. AVID Adrenaline. Another friend of mine uses Canopus Edius, which he always

recommends it to me.

Which of the 2 Editors are the best to use? AVID or Edius?

AVID, I think I liked Avid Liquid Pro, Avid Xpress Pro, and Avid Media Composer. What do you think is the

best to use and why some of their products have integraded hardware in it?

How about Edius? What do you think about it? Do you think it's more advanced, easy to use, and more

powerful than AVID?

Also, I am going to edit school projects, home videos, short films, and probably almost anything and

everything.

COMPOSITING

Adobe After Effects, they always tell me that it's a wonderful application. But what version to use? And

is it easy to use with the current and future Video Editor(s) that I or I will use?

I know all Adobe products are hard to use. Is there a way to learn it faster and easier?

I am going to use the compositing softwares in Blue Screening, Smooth Slow Motion and Visual Effects.

Another plan, to make the project unique, I'm planning to use 3D. 3D Objects or CG Objects. What program

to use? What program to use in Motion Tracking the CG Objects? I would like my short film to look so

modern and expensive even though it's not that expensive.

CAPTURING

In Capturing, what kind of Codec to use? What kind of Video Capture Software to use? What kind of Capture

Card?

STORY TELLING AND VIDEO CAMERA SHOOTING

Finally, can you please give me Video Camera shooting/recording tips/tutorials? Capturing the moments

like Birthdays, Weddings, Outings, Short Films (to make it look professional), etc... Camera Angles,

proper Video Camera to use, Making documentary, narrating, making MTVs and making a good concept/story of

the movie(or plot)/video/outing/wedding/birthday/live video specially in Editing.

HARDWARE AND SOME COMPOSITING ISSUES

What kind of proper computer hardware to use? Memory, Speed, Hard Drive, etc... I'm currently using

Windows XP Pro SP2.

I've tried Combustion. Difficult to use but it's OK.

I would like to try any Boris Products. What to use and is it worth it?

I know everything is not easy to use. Can you please give me easy to understand tutorials? (In summary

i'm just a beginner so I need easy to learn Tutorials in All Applications (Video Editor(s) that you'll

recommend, Compositing Softwares that you'll recommend and Capturing Videos).)

Thanks in Advance.
Dude! You like posted this over at the FXhome message boards. And Google could be your friend......
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx